Trimble Architects

RIBA Architectural Services

Phone Number: 020 8538 9303

Mobile Number: 07785711635

Do you require help from a party wall agreements surveyor?
Our surveyor is an RIBA specialist who can offer a solution to any party wall issues that you may have.

What is a Party Wall Agreement?

If your project involves building an extension or doing construction work right next to an adjoining property, then you will need a Party Wall Agreement survey. This will help you to make sure you aren't obstructing boundaries. If you carry out the work without a Party Wall Agreement survey, it may cause a dispute between you and your neighbour.

The Party Wall Act 1996 was designed to provide building owners with the right to stop any building work happen too close to their property. This is usually if the properties are in close proximity to one another, and the work you are undertaking goes passed the boundary wall splitting the two neighbours.

Why do you need a Party Wall Agreement?

Party Wall Agreements are important, as a dispute between you and your neighbour may lead to legal action being taken against you. This will cause both parties involved in the dispute an expensive solicitor's bill and a long court process, which is why it is so important to get a Party Wall Agreement Surveyor to look at your plans before starting. This is relevant if your project involves large extensions, conversions or renovations that could go over onto someone else's land. We want to help our clients prevent this and ensure the project runs as smoothly as possible.

Frequently Asked Questions

Party wall surveyors can give people advice regarding boundaries between yourself and a property next door. They can also give you professional and expert advice on the agreements made regarding the party wall if problems occur.

A party wall can be classified as a wall that stands between two properties, a wall that is attached to both neighbouring structures or a garden wall, but not if it's a fence.

Usually, it is the owner of the building's job to fund the party wall surveyor's fees and any other work that is happening at their property. They usually pay for both parties who are involved in the boundary problem.

If you would like any advice on this matter or are unsure about anything, please don't hesitate to give us a call today. We are always happy to help you.

This will depend on what you are needed the party wall surveyor for. For example, If you are having a dispute with your neighbour, regarding the party wall, then it is a requirement to hire a party wall surveyor. Or, if you are in need of a party wall agreement, then you will need a party wall surveyor. However, if it's regarding a party wall notice, then you don't necessarily, or legally, need a party wall surveyor.

If someone is building, and a party wall agreement hasn't been made, and a dispute is caused, then a party wall surveyor can technically stop the build. Or, if an agreement has been made, and someone starts a build that goes against the agreement, then a party wall surveyor can definitely step in to solve the dispute.

The price of a party wall surveyor will largely depend on the services that you require, and the specific company you choose. Most companies charge a fixed hourly rate instead of the prices differing, and will usually cost around £100 - £300.

How can we help?

Our job is to give you professional advice on Party Wall Agreements, and take control of this during project management, so our clients don't need to stress. 

We will handle the planning permission and Party Wall Agreement by looking at your plans and structure the project so it won't affect any other properties, or go over neighbour's boundaries. We aim to help our client's projects as stress-free as we can and ensure we give professional guidance and support throughout the process.

We also have the knowledge and experience to negotiate and create the Party Wall Agreements ourselves and get the right one to cover your building project. Bob Trimble has over 30 years of experience in Party Wall Agreements, and we, at Trimble Architect, are experts in this area of the industry.

If you require help or advice from a party wall agreements surveyor contact Trimble Architects today.  Our surveyor is an RIBA specialist who can offer a solution to any p[arty wall issues that you may have.

If you would like any more information on the services we offer or would like a free consultation, please search our website, or contact us via phone 020 8538 9303 or email us by completing our contact form. A member of our team will be more than happy to answer any questions or queries you may have. 

Trimble Architects

Based in Twickenham

South West London

Contact Us

We look forward to hearing from you!

Get in touch